Are you ready to create a healthier smile? If so, it is time to schedule your restorative dental appointment with Dr. Todd M. Roby at Comprehensive Aesthetic Dental Associates. If you have minor tooth decay or damage, our dentist and team may recommend that we restore your smile with composite dental fillings in Longmont, Colorado. Call our office at 303-776-1335 for an appointment.
What Are the Benefits of Composite Dental Fillings?
Historically, dental fillings were made out of silver amalgam, which uses an alloy that contains mercury and other metals. As concerns of placing mercury in the mouth have risen, the dental industry has sought out new alternatives to dental restorations. At our office, we only use composite, or tooth-colored, filling material in your smile restorations.
There are many benefits to using composite fillings, including:
- A natural-looking filling that matches the natural aesthetic of the smile
- Composite filling material bonds to the tooth, which provides additional support to the tooth’s structure
- Reduced risk of the tooth breaking or fracturing in the future
- The filling provides insulation from temperature changes caused by certain foods and drinks
- The seals on the tooth increase the tooth’s resistance to decay and leakage
- The dentist can correct very small cavities
- Composite fillings can be repaired and replaced without being removed from the tooth
- There are no mercury or metals are used, making the filling safer to wear
If you are experiencing signs of dental decay or damage, call our office to set up your appointment with our team. We will help you get a beautiful restoration.